Pages

View from atop Black Balsam



I took this photo over Thanksgiving break when a good friend of mine and I hiked up Black Balsam. It's an easy hike, no more than about 30 minutes, but the view is incredible. It is one of 40 peaks in North Carolina over 6,000 feet in altitude. A great place to work on shooting with my new Bronica. It was really cold and windy though, and I only had 1 roll of film with me. Many of the shots, upon reviewing them, could have been composed a little better. I will go for a re-shoot over Christmas break I believe.

Oh and the film I used was Kodak's Portra 400nc. For those unfamiliar, the NC film (natural color) produces very nice tones, almost monochromatic in comparison to other vivid colored films. If you would rather have more saturated pictures, give their 400vc (vivid color) film a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment