Pages

Mills River

When I was young, my parents would always take me to this little campground by the river, about 5 minutes down the road from where I live.  We would try to catch crawfish in the river and ride bikes on the trails around there.  The older we get, the bigger the adventure we require to satisfy our thirsty desires for new places.  We forget the tree we sat under as a kid, or the river we played in.  But sometimes its refreshing to go back to those places after a while, and see how they've changed.. or stayed the same.

I took this picture while exploring the woods around there I hadn't seen as a kid.  Spent all day there just hiking around the forest and hunting trails.  This was taken with a Canon QL-17 rangefinder and Ilford Hp5 b&w film.  I usually get a good bit of light leaks using this camera but I was lucky with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment